I'm very happy to announce that IMAPClient 0.12 is out!
This is a big release. Some highlights:
- Unicode handling has been fixed. Some bad decisions were made during the Python 3 port (v0.10) and this release fixes that. Bytes are now returned in most places (instead of unicode strings).
- MODSEQ parts in SEARCH responses are now handled correctly. A crash has been fixed when MODSEQ queries (part of the CONDSTORE extension) are made with the search method. The returned MODSEQ value is now available via the "modseq" attribute on the returned list of ids.
- Extra __init__ keyword args are passed through. This allows access to SSL options that the underlying imaplib library might support (Python version dependent).
- Python 3.4 is now officially supported.
- More control over OAUTH2 parameters.
- The deprecated get_folder_delimiter() method has been removed.
Many thanks go to Inbox for sponsoring the significant unicode changes in this release.
IMAPClient can be installed from PyPI (pip install imapclient) or downloaded from the IMAPClient site.
The next major version of IMAPClient will be 1.0.0, and will be primarily focussed on enhancing TLS/SSL support.